Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer and Adobe Flash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grendelvamp

grendelvamp

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hello there,

I am having trouble on a laptop that is running Windows Vista SP2 and am having an issue whereby websites will not load some content. I have uninstalled/reinstalled flash to no avail. I have reverted to IE7 in hopes that the problem was in the version. The issue persists. This problem only occurs while I'm browsing using IE, Firefox has no such issue. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:00 AM

detailed description is appreciated. but let me guess, something wrong with your code?

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

There are two different versions of the flashplayer, one for Firefox and the other with active X foe IE. Reinstall both and try again.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

I wasn't able to download the flash player from the Adobe site using IE. Firefox was able to download from site. I downloaded and installed the standalone version for IE. The issue has not been resolved. On sites like youtube.com, most videos won't load and almost none of the thumbnails. Any other thoughts?

#5 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:02 AM

In IE it will not download the redistributable installer, it will install via the Active X so when the golden bar on top apeears, you should allow it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users