Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Norton 360 running on XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Meggymeggy

Meggymeggy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

Windows update would not work and I was advised by Microsoft to download file Regsvr.exe and copy to file. This I did and updates started working but Norton 360 will not work now.

Norton 360 will not start when computer is restarted. I have to delete and re install everytime I re boot computer. When I am downloading and opening file a box pops up asking if I am sure I want to run the following file "RegSVR32.exe". Doesn't matter if I say run or cancel result is the same. Also AOL starts up when I am running the Norton file to open it. Norton 360 works perfectly until shut down and then will not open again at all. Would this be a virus or a clash of software.

I downloaded Malwarebytes anti-malware and when I was running this file the box asking if I wanted to run Regsvr32.exe popped up again. Only Malwarebytes runs perfectly and starts up after re boot. Hope you can help with this. Norton say their software is working fine and I have had no reply from Microsoft.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

Have you tried simply uninstalling Norton 360...ant then reinstalling?

Louis

#3 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:25 AM

What does this mean "Norton 360 will not start when computer is restarted". You mean when the computer boots up it does not show norton 360 (startup item).
If so then click on "start > run" and type "msconfig", click on ok. It will open "System Utility Configuration" window. Click on "Startup" tab where you will all the start up items. You have to put a check on Norton 360 and apply the settings then restart the computer.
When the computer boots it will give you a message "You have used system utility configuration", Click on "Don't show this message and click on ok.

Its done.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users