Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps shuting down after windows loads...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

not my computer but someone elses. as soon as windows loads, a message appears after only like 10 seconds. it counts down from about 1 minute until the computer shuts down by itself. the message says something about a DCOM server process launcher not working or something.

but the computer also had the message that says that things were changed in the system startup. i hear that if you delete certian important things in the startup, that it could really screw up the computer.

my guess is that these people were screwin around with that or something (either on purpose or on accident) and thats what may be screwing up the computer when it starts up bc it keeps shuting itself off.

oh. and i heard that typing startup -a or startup/a or something prevents the computer from shuting down. i did that but it still shut off.

i can always tell these people to use the restore cd, but that will lose anything and i would like to save that as a last resort.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grumpdaddy1

Grumpdaddy1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:18 PM

Try this site.

http://www.grc.com/dcom/

-Grump
"Ignorance begins the day you think you know it all"

#3 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:45 PM

i read everything at that site just now, but the problem is that there isnt even enough time to do any of that. as soon as windows loads, you got only a minute b4 it shutsdown.

what i need is to atleast keep it from shuting down while i fix the problem in the first place. typing startup - a isnt doing anything. :thumbsup:

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:08 AM

Go to this forum and follow the instruction.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html .
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:12 AM

Go to Start, Run, Type cmd, when you get the countdown type shutdown-a & hit enter. This should abort the restart or shutdown and give you time to fix the problem

Sasser Worm

Blaster Worm

Edited by Bear, 03 September 2005 - 12:13 AM.

Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users