Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

::sigh:: Infected again, normal methods are not helping

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 josh Forg

josh Forg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hello all,
Normally I am able to solve these on my own however this one is giving me problems.

Symptoms:

-loads of cpu usage
-task manager disabled
- wallpaper changed
-random bsod and freezing
- internet security pop-ups ( I have gotten rid of these several times and they have come back )

steps taken:
I have run superantispyware,malware bytes, avg, and avast. Each of these will turn up trojans usually and I will continue to reboot into safemode each time and run until I receive clean results. After which time I will log into normal mode replug in my internet connection and watch my bandwidth consumed and the computer will either freeze or the bsod will merrily pop up on my screen. After which time the virus seems to have reinstalled itself.

This may be an smss.exe virus as it seems to be running more. I have also noticed a new svchost running.

Need help from the professionals on this one.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users