Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware has my PC frozen. Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 I12SmashThisMachine

I12SmashThisMachine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

I'm a new registered member as of today. I have had good luck using this forum before to diagnose and "treat" my PC, but this one has me stumped.

I have the Antivirus 2010 malware, or something similar to it. The problem is my desktop gets hijacked almost as soon as windows XP starts. I'm only successful in getting a complete boot every 5th try or so.

I have tried running rkill twice, but it never finishes. The computer just idles. Ctrl Alt Del doesn't work. I'm at a loss for what to do. Is there a bootable process that can kill this that I can try running from the cd rom?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Please describe the issues you are experiencing with your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 I12SmashThisMachine

I12SmashThisMachine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:27 PM

I tried to describe the problem in my first post. If there are any more specific descriptions needed, please direct me as to what they are. I did not post a log, because I cannot do much more than boot up right now.

Please help.

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi, sounds like it is quite difficult for you to try to complete any steps in normal mode.

We can create a bootable CD that will allow us to run an OTL scan.

This will require you to download a 270 MB file and burn it to a CD. Let me know if that is fine with you. If so, I will move this topic back to the Malware Removal forum.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users