Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PersonalAnti Virus, ando ther rouge Antivirus's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

now i know this is a place for someone who is infected, but i thought this would be the best place for this topic.

well my aunts computer was attacked by Personal AntiVirus. i had everything fixed, but the computer messed up. everything is fine now, we re installed everything after deleating everything.

now my schools computers are getting infected with this program, and i need some info. the tech guys dont know anything about it, they have been working for 3 days, ran malwarebytes many different times, but have got no where.

i would like info(PDF or links) about rouge programs (antivirus, reg cleaners, and more) so i can put all of it on my website to help others (credit will be given to the orignal arthers). i would also like this info so i can give it to the school tech guys.

i have noticed that Personal AntiVirus is a "portable" program, for it does not install anywhere on the computer. i would like to know other ways to defeat this program.

thanks to anyone who replys, i am sorry if this is to much.

Mod edit ~i am sorry, the rouge antivirus i metioned above is the wrong one, its "AntiVirus Plus" that i was talking about, PAV is compleatly different, and easy to take care of.
sorry about that =(

Edited by Pandy, 17 February 2010 - 01:46 PM.

Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users