Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help My New Laptop Battery

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 balkrish999

balkrish999

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hello i have brought a laptop yesterday its this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CQ61-330SA-15-6-in...5736&sr=8-1

i got a serious problem please help asap

when i charge this laptop fully and its says 100% when i on the laptop

the battery lasts only 1hour why is this !!!!!!!!

i cant belive this i know i will now get 6 hours but i should last altest 2-3 hours why is it only 1 hour

please help me asap what shall i do i cant bleive it only lasts for an hour !!!!

also can you give me adive on laptop battey

is it safe for me to plug in the ac of my laptop batteyr w8 till its goes 100% take it out then when its 30% leave it back on

or when the ac power is on 100% can i just leave the acpower on

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hello i have brought a laptop yesterday its this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CQ61-330SA-15-6-in...5736&sr=8-1

i got a serious problem please help asap

when i charge this laptop fully and its says 100% when i on the laptop

the battery lasts only 1hour why is this !!!!!!!!

i cant belive this i know i will now get 6 hours but i should last altest 2-3 hours why is it only 1 hour

please help me asap what shall i do i cant bleive it only lasts for an hour !!!!

also can you give me adive on laptop battey

is it safe for me to plug in the ac of my laptop batteyr w8 till its goes 100% take it out then when its 30% leave it back on

or when the ac power is on 100% can i just leave the acpower on

Your post is a bit confusing to follow worded as it is. But I am assuming maybe you used a translater, so I will answer hoping I am following you correctly, if not please forgive me here if I misunderstood your question.

If you were asking is it okay to leave the AC power adapter hooked up to the laptop all the time. The answer is yes.

You only need to use the battery when you are in a place where you do not have access to an AC outlet.

When batteries are new, they require several charge---discharge and recharges before they burn in and hold a longer charge.

This is normal with new rechargeable batteries.

The proceedure is to fully charge a new rechargeable battery to 100%, then let it run down before recharging it again.
A laptop usually has a circuit that does that automatically.

I did not check the specs. on your laptop, so I don't know if it has a seperate outlet for just charging the battery. Please check your owners manual for that information.

Also I do not know if you have a USB device hooked up to the laptop, but those devices use power from the laptop battery and will drain the battery quicker.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

HI thanks for the info

how do i dischage my battery full and re charage it (not good wid laptops new to it all) thanks

how do i do it safely ??

and how many times shall i dischage and recharge it ??

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

HI thanks for the info

how do i dischage my battery full and re charage it (not good wid laptops new to it all) thanks

how do i do it safely ??

Just let the battery discharge on its own under normal use. Do not attempt to short the batteries + and - contacts together to discharge the battery! This could cause the battery to explode!

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:07 AM

HI thanks for the info

how do i do it safely ??

Just let the battery discharge on its own under normal use. Do not attempt to short the batteries + and - contacts together to discharge the battery! This could cause the battery to explode!

im sorry i am not that computer smart what do you mean by

Do not attempt to short the batteries + and - contacts together to discharge the battery! what do u mean by this

also are you saying i should just do this change me batteyr 100% then use my laptop normally like going on emails and all and it it die at 3% and shut off automattically and then chagre it 100% and do thia agian and agian

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

im sorry i am not that computer smart what do you mean by

Do not attempt to short the batteries + and - contacts together to discharge the battery! what do u mean by this

also are you saying i should just do this change me batteyr 100% then use my laptop normally like going on emails and all and it it die at 3% and shut off automattically and then chagre it 100% and do thia agian and agian

Its OK we all have to start some where and learning is by asking questions like yours!
So you do not have to say sorry when asking questions about things you do not understand, that is what forums like this one are here for, to seek help from other people who love helping others to learn what we have already learned.

What I meant by shorting the connecters of a battery together, is there was a time when people wanted to drain a battery down quicker, and thought if they shorted the contacts of the battery together it would drain it faster. When they did this, they realised the battery got really HOT and exploded. A laptop battery is like a car battery, you never touch the positive battery post to the negative post, because the car battery could explode. Batteries have a + symble for positive or hot and a - symble for negative or Ground.

Yes just let the battery charge to 100%, if you are home or near an electrical outlet it is okay to keep the charger plugged into the laptop while using it.
Even when it is 100% charged it is okay to keep the charger plugged into the laptop, it will not hurt the battery at all.

The only time you should run the laptop off the battery is when there is no electrical outlet (AC power) available, then use the battery.

Laptops are designed to never over charge the battery no matter how long you keep the charger plugged in, because once the battery is 100% charged, that same charger also powers the laptop.

So actually it does two things at once, number 1 it charges the battery and number 2 it also powers the laptop to save on battery power.

So that device you call a charger is actually an AC power supply and a battery charger built into one device. By the way the letters AC is another word for the type of electricity that comes from your wall outlets.

I am so glad you came to this forum for help, there are so many very nice people here that are more than willing to help others.

Hopefully I have helped you, if you have more questions please feel free to ask, we are here to help! :thumbsup:

Edited by MrBruce1959, 13 February 2010 - 05:13 AM.

#7 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

Thank soo much ur a life saver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks you very much!!!:thumbsup::):flowers:

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

Thank soo much ur a life saver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks you very much!!!:thumbsup::):flowers:

You are very much welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users