Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HijackThis Log, Your PC Protection Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lordsigurd

lordsigurd

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

I went to HijackThis on a recommendation from my friend at work. Literally after just days of me getting Internet at home after three years, someone clicked a popup and here i am.

So, to summarize whats happening, I boot the computer, An MS DOS prompt shows and a "Your PC Protector" Program shows up over and over again trying to get me to validate and buy the software. Of course this is a virus. It isnt allowing me to install or even start up any .exe files such as the anti-spyware and mal-ware programs i just downloaded.

Thanks!

Edited by lordsigurd, 12 February 2010 - 12:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

For the sake of expediency...I suggest two things:

a. You edit your orinal post, removing the HJT log data. Leaving it in in the XP forum...will only result in your thread being moved to the HJT forum here. You should be aware that the HJT forum has many persons (like you) who want expedient assistance. But the reality is that there are many more persons needing assistance...than those available to provide such, resulting in a backlog.

b. Read and follow ALL instructions in BC's Removal Guide, Your PC Protector.

Louis

#3 lordsigurd

lordsigurd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

Thank you very much. I'll be more careful to actually pay better attention.

I appreciate your link.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Good luck, let us know if the removal guide works for you :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users