Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, I'm finally posting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlueSkiesAhead

BlueSkiesAhead

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

Every time I come here it tells me to introduce myself so I will!

I have used this forum many times to help people clean their computers. Usually MBAM is enough, but occasionally not.

I've also been interesting in the training program for helping people get rid of viruses/malware, but there are never openings. I have 2 degrees including a grad degree in Computer Science from one of the top schools in the U.S., I've worked as a software engineer for 20 years, doing everything from embedded to applications. I had a focus in operating systems as well. I have whatever technical knowledge to provide the foundation to learn all this stuff and it seems there is always need for more people. Anyhow, if there is anyway for me to get in the program to learn this stuff to help, I'd enjoy it. I'm both fascinated by it, and I feel bad for people who really don't know what to do on their computers when they have a problem like this.

I'm also looking through all the other great technical stuff on this site, and really enjoying it!

Thanks to all of you who make this place work!

Edited by BlueSkiesAhead, 12 February 2010 - 11:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

It's nice to have you with us
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

My best suggestion is to check back on a regular basis to see if there are openings in the training programme.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 BlueSkiesAhead

BlueSkiesAhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the welcome :flowers:.

I do check pretty regularly, ever since I joined nearly a year ago. I have the time to dedicate to it, so I hope I get lucky! I'm the type who will sit and read through other's posts and stare at the logs just to absorb. Not sure exactly what I'm absorbing at this point, except that there is a lot of crap out there and thankfully there are people like those here and many of the other forums where they help people fix their computers. Do you have any suggestions of books or other material that I could use to get a head start? Windows internals?

I'll take a peak also around the other techie forums, and entertain myself in the meantime. Thanks mucho :thumbsup:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

Although I am no expert, there are some good Tutorials that could provide some background information about malware, and you might want to read through some of the self-help malware removal guides.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users