Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB HI-SPEED not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lfshadow

lfshadow

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

When I plug in a hi speed device, a Maxtor exterior back up drive, I get a pop up telling me “This device can perform faster with a HI-SPEED USB driver”. When I go to Device Manager it shows 2 Universal Serial Bus controllers:

Universal Serial Bus controllers
Generic USB Hub
USB standard OpenHCD USB Host controller
USB Composite Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Printing Support
USBPrinting Support
USB Root Hub

Universal Serial Bus controllers
PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub Device

(all are “working properly”)

The "PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller" is the HI-SPEED, correct? Why isn’t the device using the Hi Speed controller?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

Yes, the enhanced is USB 2.0.

I would try uninstalling both controllers (not hubs or devices) and then rebooting. The controllers could be damaged.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users