Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Classic Log on Trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Benquo

Benquo

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:11 AM

Recently I decided that i was sick of the regular "welcome" screen in windows XP. So i switched to the classic logon screen so that i 'could customize the background and to require my name be typed in addition to the password. But when i went to log on, I couldn't log on with my Administrator name (its the only account enabled). This was very confusing because when i tried to enter my user name and password, it wouldn't let me log on. I actually had to crack the hashes to see that my password was associated with "user" and not my Admin name.

After poking through the very limited options in the account control panel and looking at a dozen or so sites that only gave "system tweak" options, I'm stuck having the "user" name associated with my account. By the way, this doesn't seen too secure since the name "user" is there by default when the logon screen appears.

How do I change it so that my both my password AND name have to be typed in?

I have Windows Xp Professional SP3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Benquo

Benquo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

Anyone.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic