Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP 0x0000008E

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Blastedw0lf4

Blastedw0lf4

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:01 PM

I have been gettin this error has of yesterday and it does not let me boot up into win xp pro in normal mode... i am in safe mode w/ networking as I post this msg up ...

STOP 0x0000008E is the msg im getting...

can some1 help me???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

Blastedw0lf4,

This error message seems to come up most often when the OS does not have the latest updates and or service packs. I'd try to get the latest updates and see if that solves your problem. If not post back, please.

Be (update) Safe

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 KIMBERLYMD1

KIMBERLYMD1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

Blastedw0lf4,

This error message seems to come up most often when the OS does not have the latest updates and or service packs. I'd try to get the latest updates and see if that solves your problem. If not post back, please.

Be (update) Safe

Da Animal

my pc was getting the same stop error, i tried updating the service pack and now my pc will not boot up!! tried the recovery console but still can't get anywhere!!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:10 PM

Blastedw0lf4 & KIMBERLYMD1,

Can you please post any additional information regarding this error message. If it's not the updates and service packs, then it's possibly a hardware or driver incompatability issue. I'm not that proficient in that arena. So any additional error message information would be of a great help.

Be (Error Message) Safe

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Blastedw0lf4

Blastedw0lf4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

i blew my computer up already guyz...:thumbsup: oh well..g00d luck kimberly

#6 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:27 AM

hope this helps you

"STOP 0x0000008e" error message during Windows XP setup
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 315335
Last Review : May 27, 2004
Revision : 1.0
This article was previously published under Q315335
SYMPTOMS
When you install Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive a Stop Error message that is similar to one of the following while the Setup program is running:
STOP 0x0000008e
STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
Additionally, if you troubleshoot by removing all unnecessary hardware devices that are installed on the computer, and then you run the Setup program, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Setup cannot copy the file Setupdd.sys.
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if one of the following conditions is true: One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed on your computer are faulty.
The RAM configuration is incompatible with Windows XP.

RESOLUTION
To troubleshoot this behavior, follow these steps: 1. Remove some of the memory modules that are installed on the computer. Leave at least the RAM that is required for the computer to start and run Windows XP.

The recommended RAM to run Windows XP is 128 megabytes (MB). The minimum is 64 MB, and the maximum is 4 gigabytes.

For example, if two 256-MB memory modules are installed on your computer, remove one of the memory modules.
2. Restart your computer, and then run the Setup program:a. Insert the Windows XP Setup CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive, start the computer, and then click OK to select the first option screen to install a copy of Windows XP.
b. Click Accept, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows XP installation.

3. If you again receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, go to step 4.
4. Remove a different memory module, or install the RAM in a different memory slot.
5. Restart your computer, and then rerun Setup.

You may have to restart your computer several times to identify the specific memory modules that are not working correctly.

MORE INFORMATION
For information about how to add and remove RAM, contact the manufacturer of your computer or see the documentation that is included with your computer.

For additional information about the Windows XP Setup program, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
306824 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306824/) Release Notes for Windows XP Setup contained in the Home.txt file
286463 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286463/) Release notes for Windows XP Setup contained in the Pro.txt file
286647 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286647/) Windows XP Read1st.txt file contents
For information about how to contact P1, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
65416 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/65416/) Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K

60781 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/60781/) Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P

60782 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/60782/) Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users