Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will not boot up in any mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kraum58

kraum58

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:20 AM

My system was plagued with the redirect virus. I installed, ran and removed malwarebytes to try and resolve the issue. This did not cure the problem so acting out of
desparation and performing the cardinal sin I used combofix unsupervised. After combofix completed running my computer was operable although it seemed a little sluggish. When
I left the computer for the evening it was ok. The next morning I could hear it beepng as if it were starting up. It will go through the start up stages, first screen for set up then to the
screen for safe mode, last known good config,start window normal. This screen shows recent hardware or software change might have caused this. I've tried all the options for restart
but it just loops back around. I do not get the BSOD. I have my recovey disc and I am able to get to recovery console. I've set the computer up to boot from cd. From this point I would
like some guided help to get my system back on track. My OS is windows XP Home and my cpu is AMD Athlon MP 900 mhz.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Please describe the issues you are experiencing with your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 kraum58

kraum58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

My system was plagued with the redirect virus. I installed, ran and removed malwarebytes to try and resolve the issue. It did not resolve the issue, Next, I ran combofix unsupervise. After combofix completed running, my system ran ok, though a little sluggish. The next morning when I went to my computer it was in a restart loop. It will boot up to the the first screen for set up, then to the second screen for normal windows start, safe mode, last known good config. start.normal. This screen shows recent hardware or software change might have caused this. I've tried all the options for restart but it continues to loop back to the first screen, then to the second. I have my recovery disc and set the computer to boot from disc. Upon doing this I booted from the disc, accessed the recovery console, and used the command chkdsk and chkdsk /p. Removed the disk, restarted, but still get the same results, restart loop. At this point I will require some quided help on getting my system back up.

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

Okay, lets get started by finding out a BSOD code.

We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  • When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  • Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
    Posted Image
  • When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
    Posted Image
Please post me the error(s).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users