Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

anyone struck this one?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldbod

oldbod

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

After uninstalling xp because of virus infection,i proceeded to reinstall same and was asked for xp key,and being that i am running a Dell Dimension 3000,i only have a re-installation disc supplied when i purchased the computer!! so i took the key numbers from my Bellarc Adviser report and inserted these,only to be told that the numbers where incorrect!!! I installed Windows XP but now i cannot in anyway download any updates. It almost appears that Microsoft believes that i am some sort of crook. Can anybody suggest how to get through to Microsoft ?
Regards Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

Normally Dell computers will have a sticker on the case with the product key number on it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:14 AM

maybe call MS?

#4 oldbod

oldbod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Yes it does have product key,many thanks,i will use this key and will let you know the results.
regards
Jim

#5 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:17 AM

I would suggest you to get faster resolution call MS and tell them you reinstalled os using dell reinstallation disk and now you are not able to activate windows. They might provide you with a new product key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users