Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Properties Problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chule

chule

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:32 PM

After rebooting the PC, I was going to change the desktop, but when I try to enter into the "Disply Properties", I realize that the "Appearance" button, the "Screensaver" one and the "Settings" one has disappeared... I can only change the Desktop Theme... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:34 PM

WOw never herd of such(that doesnt mean it cant be fixed!) Did you do anything lately to your pc to cause this? Any errors? And what system are u using? Xp,98se,98,me?
Thanks

#3 chule

chule
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

Ok, I have XP Professional, I've been having problems lately with trojans, but thanks to this forum :thumbsup: , I thought I've solved them... After restarting, I saw that my graphic card was bad configured, I restarted again... and I see that :flowers:

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:39 PM

" I saw that my graphic card was bad configured" Where did you see this at? Your card might just need to be reinstalled. Its a simple process. Or even some updated driver.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 22 September 2004 - 12:41 PM.

#5 chule

chule
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:53 PM

I have a NVIDIA GeForce Mx 4000 and every time I restart the computer, it's disabled. I go to control panel, system, I see the harware and it's with an admiration sign next; I reinstall the drivers and it seems to be fixed but then, I restart and it's bad again... :thumbsup:

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:19 PM

Hum.......almost like its resetting it self or even uninstalling itself? Really weird....Have you updated the drivers for it? Have you ran or run often windows update? It doesnt sound like no virus to me but you could post a log in HJT log forum just for fun. I have never seen such my situation was different. But I went to google and found this site! Look around it a bit It might solve your problem...Then come back and keep us informed.....Thanks
CGM3
ps there is 4 pages with similar stuff on this card so look around I sure hope it helps you....
http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/forum/24-1.html
I cant promise anything from that link I havent dug thru all of them...

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:23 AM

You may want to delete the video card from the device manager, reboot, and then see if it reinstalls the drivers. If it doesnt, and just makes it a generic vga card, install the drivers for your video card again and see if it fixes the problem.

#8 chule

chule
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:53 AM

OK, I've solved the problem... Thank you

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams