Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Notification

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 momoegy6x

momoegy6x

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Okay, recently I download ParetoLogic's DriverCure to update my drivers. Ever since then, every time I turn out my Dell Laptop (Windows Vista) a notification comes up saying, "dll has not been registered program will not work properly" or something along the lines of that. Also, no matter where I am in the house, it will say I have full service of my home internet and 4 bars of the internet of my neighbors, when I'm actually lucky to get 1 bar. Also, it is much slower. Does anyone know how to fix this. Very very very annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

Uninstall that program. Its not needed.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

What program? Drivercure? That's what I use to update my drivers.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

You said in your post ever since you installed it you have this issue, so uninstall it. Why do you need a program to update drivers? The only time you should update drivers is if there is an issue with a piece of hardware the new driver will solve. If your hardware is working correctly there is no reason to update the driver. And there is certainly no need to have a program on your machine to do it for you.

But if you want to keep this program, then it sounds like there was an issue with its installation so you need to uninstall it and maybe shut off your Anti-virus program when you install it again.

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

Okay. I tried uninstalling it. I still have the same problem. And, I use the program cause a few programs weren't working correctly so I decided to download this so I could just download them all at one time. The program updated my drivers for a lot of hardware also.

Yes, I am pretty sure it was an installation malfunction also. I tried reinstalling it too, but that didn't seem to fix it either. I've done some research and every site says something about registering a dll, but I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks for the help by the way.

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

What DLL is it?

#7 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

It doesn't say. All it says is "dll has not been registered, program will not work properly"

#8 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

When you uninstalled the program did the DLL error go away?

Can you take a screen shot of the error and post it?

Edited by CaveDweller2, 12 February 2010 - 10:44 PM.

#9 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

The DLL error did not go away after I uninstalled the program.

Here's the screenshot of the error: http://img341.imageshack.us/i/screenyd.jpg/

Here's the screenshot of my wireless network: http://img8.imageshack.us/i/screenshotxjb.jpg/

Library is the internet that I am lucky to get 1-2 bars with, with speeds up to about 100-300 Kb/s. Now it says I can get four bars, no matter how far away I move from it, with speeds lucky to get up to 25 kB/s. Ghanem is my home network, 5 bars is correct here cause I am right next to the router. However, no matter where I move in my house, it says I still have 5 bars, when in reality I usually only get about 2 in my living room. My guess is that something screwed up the Wireless and it's messing up trying to read the signals. So, when it says I have 4 bars for Library, I probably don't have any. But, I have no idea how to fix this.

#10 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

Ok the box that DLL error appears in says Wireless Configuration.

So what you are going to want to do is go to the Dell site and get the driver for your wireless card. If it just has drivers great but if it comes bundled in software that is fine too. Once you get it downloaded, go into Device manager, under network adapters right click and uninstall the wireless adapter. Don't reboot yet. Go into Add/Remove programs and remove anything that has to do with your wireless. Then reboot and install the new driver you just downloaded.

#11 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

Excuse my ignorance but how do I know what Wireless Card my computer has?
And when you say remove anything that has to do with Wireless, you mean absolutely everything?

#12 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

If you go to the Dell site there is a place to enter your service tag, that is on a sticker somewhere on the PC, that will give you a list of what is installed on/in the PC.

And yes everything.

#13 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

Okay I downloaded the driver for my 1390 WLAN Wireless Card. I am about to do the rest of the stuff.

#14 momoegy6x

momoegy6x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:14 AM

Everything works now. Thank you so much CaveDweller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users