Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:19 AM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you might be able to help me.
From what i can tell, i'm running a pretty clean system, no viruses, spy-ware etc.
When im browsing, as most people do im sure, i have more than one browser window open, jumping from one thing to another.
If, i have more than one window open, and i click on a link on a page, then move to the second while the link loads, when i go back to it, i get the message, " this page cannot be displayed " and all i have to do to bring it up is hit refresh and it loads pefectly. It seems pages only load properly everytime, if you sit there watching them, ie. have it as the main active rowser window.
This is only in the last couple of days, and before this, an equally irritating problem. If i left a page building in the background, say something obvious, that you know for sure is the correct address such as " www.gmail.com ". When i go back to it, i find " MSN search cannot find this page " then asks if i was maybe looking for jmail.com orone or two other options, .. then promtps me to visit MSN search to find all the search results for gmail.com
I dont need search results,... i just wanna be brough to the page i asked in the first place !
Please please help me someone, .. while not life threatening, this really is frustrating me !

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:11 AM

why dont you post a hijackthis log in the appropriate forum.
first try this......
go into tools>internetoptions>connections>lansettings>de-select "automatically detect network settings.
let me know hoiw this works
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users