Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

itunes help - completely deleting storage space

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peel

peel

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

OK so I downloaded around 10 episodes of this show from youtube onto a folder. then i added that to my itunes library from there. now ive seen all of them so i first deleted the 10 songs from my folder. but then when i checked my itunes library and resynced my ipod, the videos were still on my ipod. so i deleted the videos from my itunes library now. However, I dont think they are actually deleted from my computer as it was almost instantaneous when I right clicked and selected Delete and they all deleted (Its was way too fast). Any ideas/help? Oh and I have Revo Uninstaller. Don't know if that helps or not.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

Generally speaking...deleted files on a volume of any sort (containing a recycle bin account) are not erased until the Recycle Bin is dumped. Then that space is reclaimed as free by the drive/volume.

Sooo...deleting anything from your system...only moves it into limbo (unless the file is too large for the Recycle Bin) and it is removed when the Recycle Bin (desktop) is emptied.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users