Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with google.com redirect malware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ad83

ad83

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

I think I have a pretty nasty piece of malware on my computer. I got the blue screen of death a couple days ago. I rebooted and ran a virus scan using Symantec. It detected 100s of instances of the vundoo (sp) worm. I used Symantec zonealarm and malwarebytes to remove it and have not had any trouble with this since then. Ever since the blue screen of deathís initial appearance, my search results have been hijacked. When I type a search into the built in search bar on Mozilla I get directed to a webpage that says ď302 page not found click hereĒ The link takes me to some random ads. When I go to google.com and run a search, all of the results pop up normally but the links to them are all altered and take me to more random ad sites. Another symptom that has been happening on my machine that I havenít seen reported is a secure certificate error when trying to log in to gmail.com. An error pops up saying that something is wrong with the security certificate. Iíve tried almost everything to get rid of this and nothing has worked. I thought I had the problem isolated to the atapi.sys file so I booted in recovery mode, deleted the bad files and replaced them with what I thought were clean ones and this did not fix the problem. Should I try reinstalling the browsers or something? Please help. Iíve attached the DDS and GMER logs to this post. Thanks Also is this malware taking any info from my computer? I want to get my taxes done in the next few days but not if this information may be compromised in any way. Thanks I was not running zonealarm when the infection happened by the way. I only had it uninstalled for a couple days and this is what happens.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ad83

ad83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone else had this problem?

===========

Hello

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.

We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.

Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

Thank you for understanding.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hello ad83,

Sorry about the delay.sad.gif If you still need help, please post a new DDS log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users