Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ReBooting PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 terrencej31

terrencej31

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hell, I have an Windows XP. I have been trying to get into my Safe Mode to run an offline V-Scan and Malware Scan. When I press F8 it takes me to the menu of Safe Mode with or without Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. INo matter which one I choose it acts as if it's loading then REBOOTS. So I go online and look for how to get into Safe Mode Function and found this site and followed these directions after rebooting I went to startup and all it does now is reboot. Please Help! To much data to start over again.

:flowers:

This is what I did step by step.

Using the System Configuration Tool Method:

Note: If you are having trouble entering Safe Mode via the F8 method, you should not use this method to force it to startup into safe mode. For reasons why, you should read this.

Step 1: Close all programs so that you have nothing open and are at the desktop.

Step 2: Click on the Start button then click on Run.

Step 3: In the Run field type msconfig as shown in the image below.

Figure 4. Starting Msconfig

Step 4: Press the OK button and the System Configuration Utility will start up. You will then see a screen similar to Figure 5 below.

Figure 5. Starting the System Configuration Utility

Step 5: Click on the tab labeled "BOOT.INI" which is designated by the red box in Figure 5 above. You will then be presented with a screen similar to Figure 6 below.

Figure 6. BOOT.INI Tab

Step 6: Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled "/SAFEBOOT" designated by the red box in Figure 6 above. Then press the OK button. After pressing the button you will be presented with a confirmation box as shown in Figure 7 below.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users