Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSASCui.exe Application Error.....(0x80000003)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dwight74

dwight74

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

This week, my laptop got infected with the Palladin Anti-virus issue. When I tried to boot up the laptop, I received the messages that my laptop was infected and I needed to install Palladin antivirus. However, I would also get the “MSASCui.exe Application Error.....(0x80000003) Failed to initialize properly” error message” and within minutes of booting up, my laptop would freeze. The only way to successfully boot was in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, I was able to download and run Malwarebyte’s Anti-Malware and it was able to detect the Palladin virus and remove it. I have run the scan 2 times since then and no malware is detected. However, when I try and boot up outside of Safe Mode, while I no longer get any messages about being infected, I still get the MSASCui.exe error and my computer still freezes. What should my next steps be?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2010 - 09:30 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users