Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to back whole HDD up without being admin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lucidolph

Lucidolph

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:46 AM

Heyy...

i just want to backup things on my Vista PC, then format it...

this is how it is...

i want to copy my whole DOCUMENTS folder from my ADMIN account.
that's where all my files are.
BUT, i forgot the PW to that admin account,
so i login under a local account,
and then i go to the admin's documents folder, and i cant go in it nor can i copy it coz im not admin, and i have no rights.
i cant reset or change pw or make another account coz im not admin and i cant get onto it, so... what do i do?

really i just want something i can stick in the PC, and backup everything from the hard drive without being admin or anything, just stick in SOMETHING, that allows you to click "backup" then select where to (my external HDD) and it'd do all this without having to logon to anything...

so that's my problem, i dunno what to do, if only there was a tool to recover the PW reliablhy and easily, but i dunno if there is.

oh, and to top it off, the PC's bleeped, so i cant into "my computer" normally, but i can in safe mode, i HAVE to go into safe mode in order for "explorer.exe" to even work.. and i tried all the built in vista backup tools i think buit i didnt have the permissions to do any of that...
so, HELP!!

i dont think the PC would allow me to INSTALL anything on it, to backup, so im totally lost.

Thankyou, Isaac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

i forgot the PW to that admin account,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users