Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie with over activate internet connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 citypumphead

citypumphead

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

Hi guys & girls, im new to this site and desperately need some help. In the past few months my internet usage has gone wild! I am not using it anymore than beofre the only change is my new laptop. It has got to the point where I have got through 2GB allownace in a day and a half even though I was at work and the wife didnt use the internet.

The guy at SKY told me to run "NETSTAT" in the command prompt. On doing this I got a total of 52 entries the guy said it should be 4/5 at most. I ran MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE this only came back with one trojan which it removed but I still seem to have 52 connections. Really need some help. Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

While it's entirely possible that you simply have too many background programs that like to connect to the internet (netstat -b would net you the names of the executables using the network connection), since you said that MBAM found a trojan, I would have to recommend that you go to the Am I Infected? What Do I Do? sub-forum and create a new topic there with your issue (and discontinue this topic here).

You may still be infected, and the remnants of that trojan could be downloading more malware to your computer without your knowledge (could explain the shocking amount of bandwith usage). It is best to pass through the malware filters first (that's what the AII WDID sub-forum is for), then come back if you still have issues once declared clean.

Thanks and have a nice day. :huh:

Edited by keyboardNinja, 11 February 2010 - 10:10 AM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users