Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to print

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

Hi,
I am using windows 7 ultimate edition. I am using Epson printer connected to the computer using usb. I am able to print the test page and print notepad, But other than that nothing prints. Getting error message "could not find printer".

I have uninstalled the printer driver from every location in the computer and reinstalled it. Even tried to perform inplace upgrade but still it is not working. I am sure i am using the correct driver but still i am not able to print. When i connect the printer to some other computer it is working fine.

Thanks in advance.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 21 February 2010 - 11:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:15 AM

Do you get any other errors? This is an interesting problem, take a look at the properties of the printer to ensure what it is working properly.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 sarunk

sarunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

I have checked the printer properties. It does not show any error messages. The point which is confusing is it prints the test page and notepad and nothing else. This issue seemes to be a big challenge.

#4 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

Did the printer work before now? I had to set the printer installer to compatibility mode before installing my Lexmark.

#5 sarunk

sarunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:58 AM

The printer was working before but i even tried tp perform system restore but it did not fix the problem.

#6 sarunk

sarunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:07 AM

It seems no one has answer for it i have waited for a week. If anyone has any questions please ask, i just want to fix my issue.

Please help!....

#7 Vladimir from KPI

Vladimir from KPI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

hello!

Go to Control Panel > Printers & Faxes, and set your Epson printer as a default printer by right-clicking on it and choosing 'Set as Default' option.

P.S. Most likely you're choosing wrong printer when trying to print not from Notepad.

#8 sarunk

sarunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for your reply... But i have already done it does not work. Even when i setup the default printer as epsond it does not print.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users