Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove This?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michelle7

michelle7

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

Hi,
Whenever I switch on my pc, this below will appear on my screen and I have to click OK to get rdi of it. I never used to have this and don't want it now. Kinda irritating!

"The security Information is invalid or has been modified.
The programme will be terminated"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HIPPO1023

HIPPO1023

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:00 AM

Did you install Ulead Video Studio or Corel Video Studio Trial Edition?
In this case, uninstall this program.

If not, please refer this post.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:51 AM

What program is referenced?

Louis

#4 michelle7

michelle7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:02 AM

@Hippo1023, yes, I installed both, have uninstalled but still has the pop-up. I installed the trials and like Corel. What happens if I want to purchase Corel in future?
@louis, it doesn't say what program, so I don't know.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

I own licenses to use both programs mentioned (Ulead was acquired by Corel some time ago, hence the later versions are under Corel).

All trials and updates, though, are available at the Corel site.

The trial, as installed, can be converted into a full version easily...by purchase of a license for that product at the Corel website. If you have a valid full version from Ulead of any version (I believe) from 7 on, you can buy the update version of Corel VS...I have XII (12) but they may be up to XIII by now. I just did a check and they are at X3 (their sloppy way of combining the Roman numeral for 10 and the decimal 3).

Once the purchase is concluded online, they will send you an email with the license registration number. This is then entered when opening the program (and save your email).

Their website explains all this but this is the "quick and dirty" on how it works :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users