Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not start Windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 a.mulchek

a.mulchek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

I believe that we accidentally downloaded a rouge Anti-Virus, or somehow got a virus, on the computer. The computer runs Windows XP home edition. A message box appeared saying that there was a trojan and that it needed to be removed. When we tried to remove it, the computer restarted. The problem now is that it boots to the Welcome screen with the users, and when I try to log in, Windows pops up for a second and then automatically logs back off and returns to the log in screen. At the log in screen, when I press ctrl+alt+delete a separate log in screen pops up to log in as HP_Owner, the only problem with this is that we can not figure out the password, or the password got changed.

So in summary, I am stuck at the log in screen with no way to get into windows to try and remove a virus.

Any suggestions?

Edited by a.mulchek, 10 February 2010 - 10:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users