Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Guard Plus (My Face LOL) ??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pamelaf

pamelaf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

I was looking in Control Panel at programs and I noticed 2 things that looked odd to me. One is Search Guard Plus (My Face LOL) and the other is an updater for that same thing. I have not opened it or done anything with it. It says the publisher is Make The Web Better, LLC I do not recall ever using, looking for, or downloading anything with this name. is this a virus or spyware or is it a valid program? My computer has been starting to slow down a bit. We have Windows Vista.

Also, (perhaps unrelated) I have that fake antivirus shield thing in my toolbar and it keeps trying to get me to click it. how do I get tid of this?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Arctic

Arctic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

If you were able to post to here from your computer, I'm assuming that you are not hijacked.

I would reccommend downloading Malewarebytes anti malware, installing it, check for updates and then perform a quick scan to see if anything is detected.
I can only help.. If i know what the problem is.

we never have time to do things right, but we always have time to do them again

LAWL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users