Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't install any MBAM or Antivirus...PLEASE Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drummerboy125

drummerboy125

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi, I got into something last night and it has locked down my ability to run adaware, Malwarebytes or uninstall/reinstall McAfee Antivirus. I found this link on here at: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010 and I saved all to ,my flash drive and went to my infected computer. I have tried running the rkill and it still will not let me run the Malwarebytes install.

I am trying to avoid having to reload my entire pc. Any ideas as to why after running rkill I still can't install Malwarebytes or McAfee VirusScan Corp 8.5i?

Thank you in advance...

-drummerboy125

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Arctic

Arctic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

If you are able to run rkill, run it and do not restart the computer

If malwarebytes is not installed yet.

Try running mbab-setup.exe (something like that)

If the setup won't run, try renaming it to

toy.com the see if it will launch

if that doesn't work

try renaming it to explorer.exe and seeing if it can run.

I'll check back on this periodically
I can only help.. If i know what the problem is.

we never have time to do things right, but we always have time to do them again

LAWL

#3 drummerboy125

drummerboy125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

MAN, I can't thank you enough. Your suggestion worked. I renamed the malwarebytes to your suggestion and it let me install. I then followed the rest of the instructions in the removal process and I have removed quite a bit. I am still having torouble with my mcafee, but I will get that figured out.

THANK YOU!!! I don't know how I could repay you, but if you need anything, please let me know!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users