Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toolbar Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ndeaton77

ndeaton77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:17 PM

I have picked up a toolbar on my Internet Explorer that I am not able to remove. I believe it may be a virus or something. Please help me out!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:39 PM

Hi can you please supply more info, what windows you are using and the name of this toolbar and what antivirus you have installed, and what you where doing when it appeared.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 ndeaton77

ndeaton77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:48 PM

I have Windows XP with McAfee VirusScan 2005 Version 9.0. It is a toolbar located directly below the Internet Explorer toolbar. It has six options on the bar and at the beginning it has a remove toolbar place but when you hit it it takes you to a website, usually something with a find.exe or something similar.

#4 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:35 PM

Hi can you do a hijack this log and repost it back here under a new heading, Hijack This Log some will then come along and look at it but yes it looks like your antivirus has let one through.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users