Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

av.exe infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fifthstone

fifthstone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:53 AM

I was infected with av.exe. I was able to remove it so the fake Windows Firewall 2010 pieces don't come up. My system is unstable and does not always start up and there are some major issues with running some applications. Also other apps seem to be dying and not running.

I've gone through the instructions here on how to start. I am able to run DDS but no notepad files are generating. I notice that under processes, multiple instances of notepad.exe are starting. Each instance adds spaces between the process name and the ".exe". For example this is what I see under processes:

notepad exe
notepad exe
notepad exe
notepade exe

etc.

How can I get past this? Please help. I am getting desperate!

Thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 February 2010 - 10:01 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users