Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCIEx GPU Not Working!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hidanagi

Hidanagi

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:52 AM

GPU: Inno3D 8800gt 512mb
MOBO: ECS A690G-M2

I just had this problem last night after Windows Update finished downloading and the system requires it to restart, then I did restart the system, after about 20 seconds i noticed that my monitor is not receiving signal from PCIEx GPU and also notice the system even fails to load the bios, because as i observed the hdd led shows no disk activities or did not beep at all. I have this problem before but after a few restarts it backs to normal. But now that magic doesn't work anymore. Here's my troubleshooting steps.

1st thing I did is, reseating/unplugging all the cables/wires on the MOBO and I even cleared the CMOS but has no luck.
2nd thing I did is, I removed the PCIEx GPU (Inno3d 8800GT) from the board and switching to Onboard GPU, and it just works fine! o_O
3rd thing I did is, put the PCIEx GPU card back again, and same problems occur.

The big QUESTION is: What could be the main problem?

I have no chance of testing my PCIEx GPU to my other PC since they only support AGP.

Anyone have solution to this? Please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

I would look at your chipset drivers, BioStar only list Vista and XP drivers.

You might also check your Bios version.

#3 Hidanagi

Hidanagi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:25 AM

Hi there. thanks for your recommendation. Later i will try to update my drivers/bios.

I'll be back.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

Sounds like a Windows graphics driver update may be to blame.

Using the on board GPU uninstall the driver for your PCIe. Boot the machine using the PCIe card. Windows should load a generic driver for it. If the machine starts up normally then I would visit the PCIe card makers site for the latest driver.

#5 Hidanagi

Hidanagi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

@Ratchet: I'm afraid to do that since all those drivers/bios from the site are old.

@ThunderZ: thanks for your advice but did not solved actually. I did what you mentioned, I uninstall the PCIe GPU driver using my onboard GPU, I turned it off then switch back to my PCIe card, but nothings change, it just wont show anything on my monitor, even the HDD light shows no activities. It seems like the system fails to boot the bios itself.

And please take note of this, i am only able to boot perfectly using my onboard GPU, "IF" my PCIe card was removed from the PCIe slot. As far as from my research mostly the cause was on the MOBO where PCIe not working normally. *I hope so* . o_O

I pray it's not a GPU problem because it's more expensive than my MOBO or my PSU.

#6 Hidanagi

Hidanagi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:38 AM

I had made my decision and went to a technician, we tested every hardware and finally the result came out. my GPU has it all. T_T so sad to say but i had to replace it.

Maybe this time i should not go for Geforce card anymore which is not intended for 3D designing and rendering, instead I would go for Quadro cards which is more expensive but can handle my job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users