Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conflicts with Ports or Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beeky

Beeky

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:00 AM

I recently updated my drivers and added a printer (brother DCp 310 CN - an oldish inkjet). I also did a registry clean using RegCure and a defrag as I had quite a bit of fragmentation of files. Also by mistake I diasable all startup programs but I think I enabled all the important ones. However, since then my computer takes an age to boot, the 7 port USB hub (a belkinF5U027 7 Port) will not boot with the computer. Once booted if I remove the usb and then popit back in the slot it fires up. Also when I do something new e.g. open a new pieve of software browser etc it takes an age for the machine to load it but one loaded it seems to work ok.

I think that perhaps there is a conflict somewhere with ports or software how can I check this please - simple english please so as a simpleton I can understand.

I would be very grateful if someone could help as I would aboslutely hate to have to reinstall everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:13 AM

It may be easier to do a system restore back to a date prior to you changes, then you could be more careful doing it over.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Beeky

Beeky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

Yes I thought of doing that but for some reason I have also lost all my restore points.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

If you have your Windows CD you could try doing a repair, read up on it then take your time.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users