1. Down in the left hand corner, I have a Windows Security Alert: Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here for the scan you computer. Your system might be at risk now. I knew this was bullbleep instantly based on the horrendous grammar.
2. There is a little green shield icon that I hadnt noticed before that when right clicked, brings up a window: Antivirus Soft: Innovative protection for your pc It performs an unprompted "scan" of my computer and announces that my malware database status is out of date, lists a bunch of supposed viruses that I have, and gives the option to update my antivirus stuff, blah blah blah.
3. Another popup I'm getting is Security Warning. Application cannot be executed. The file xxx.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now? Yes/No It does this for a multitude of things. When I try to open up add/remove programs in the control panel, when I try to open Itunes, sometimes for no reason at all.
4. Attention! Spyware Alert. Vulnerabilities found. Your computer is infected by spyware-34 serious threats have been found while scanning your files and registry. It is strongly recommended that you disinfect your computer and activate realtime secure protection against future intrusions...blah blah blah Activate your antivirus software/stay unprotected
5. Infiltration Alert. Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropper or similar. Details: Attack from 220.127.116.11, port 6453. Attacked port 58487 Threat BankerFox.A Do you want to block this attack? Yes/No
6. I am getting a Windows Security Center window that opens up with stuff about Firewall, automatic updates, and more virus protection bleep.
7. Finally, I am getting internet explorer windows opening up to either Viagra ads and/or porn sites (ones that I did not voluntarily indulge myself in lol).
My antivirus program is AVG. I have already utilized google and tried to troubleshoot this myself with no luck. I rebooted my computer in safe mode and ran a scan which of course came up with nothing. I opened control panel in safe mode and uninstalled a couple of rogue spyware programs, but I am still having problems. I cannot access the internet from Safe mode, and I cannot download this MalwareBytes thing that I have seen tossed around a lot on Yahoo answers and whatnot. Typically I'd say bleep it and take my computer to someone and have them deal with it, but money is tighter these days. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 February 2010 - 10:03 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB