Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

set combofix to 'ignore' some files

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 joeycat77

joeycat77

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

i need to run combofix but i would like to pass a command to it specifying certain files or registry entries to ignore. anyone know how this is done?

thanks,

joe

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 February 2010 - 10:11 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

anyone?

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

i have already read that. it still doesnt tell me what i need to know. is there some way to pass parameters to combofix when executing file to igonre certain files and/or registry entries on system so that it doesnt trash them?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hello,I don't belive you have read from the pinned topic.... :thumbsup: Questions about ComboFix and how it works:

Edited by boopme, 14 February 2010 - 09:41 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

i have read that repeatedly in hopes that i may have missed my answer, however i do not see anything at all that helps me. could you please just let me know how i can pass some parameters along to combofix that will allow it to ignore certain files/reg entries?

thank you

#7 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:45 AM

Let me stress that any ComboFix information is NOT to be shared publicly.. It is the wishes of its author and all staff here are abide by it.. So, NO.. NO answer will be given to you or to any other user that ask similar question..

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

#8 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

ok doogie.

i really dont see what the big deal is here. can i or can i not pass command line params to combofix?

#9 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:38 AM

No

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

#10 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

at least i got an answer. thanks dr howser.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

That is a NO to your NOT getting an answer.
Topic closed on content.

Edited by boopme, 16 February 2010 - 10:11 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

u guys r ruthless here!! i like that.

Edited by boopme, 16 February 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#13 joeycat77

joeycat77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

boopme, listen, im not tryin to be a DA. i just wanted to know one way or the other. we can all get along here. =)

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,609 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

No one is trying to be ruthless here joeycat77. Re-read this section in the link to the Usage Guide I provided.

:thumbsup: Questions about ComboFix and how it works:

Sorry but discussions pertaining to how Combofx works, what it can or cannot do, what the log results mean, any future plans, updates, etc is not available to the public in order to safeguard and protect the integrity of the tool from malware writers. As such, the developer does not want his tool discussed outside of private forums and therefore we cannot answer specific questions. The only public information that is available can be found in this authorized guide: How to use ComboFix

Safeguarding the tool from malware writers is important so that we can continue to use it without attackers having knowledge how to defeat it. Everything we discuss can be read by the bad guys. Yes, they read these threads looking for clues on how to circumvent our tools. We don't want to provide any information they can use against us. That's the decision by the creator of ComboFix and we will abide by that decision so it should not be taken personal.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

I know your not .. I have sent you a PM to explain and keep this peaceful..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users