Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full NTSC HD with unknown files(around 45 gigabytes)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Missionaryman

Missionaryman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

Hi there,

I try to free up some space on my C: drive, and even I deleted all the Document files(pictures, music, videos) and removed all the unused programs, I still have only 200 Mb of free space.
All my programs with the Windows it is not more than 4 Gigs.

I noticed a weird thing also:.

If I go by Control Panel/Accounts, I see only my only one ADMIN account, but I I go through My Computer/ right click/Users. I saw more than one, so I deleted it, leaving the only one ADMIN account.
Well from here I got in trouble as well for I can not access the C: . If I click on Open or Explore, "Access denied" -error I got.
I did Avast Boot time scan, and Malwarebyte full scan as well, but no malicious items were find .
Finally I did run adsspy.exe what gave me hidden files results only form Drive D:....

System restore gave me nothing useful. Still a full Hard Drive what can not be accessed .

All this processes are in a ACER Aspire 7520 laptop
AMD64Athlonx2, Ram 4 Gigabytes
Vista home (32bit) op.system

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

hello
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/ this should give you full access to do whatever you need to do! disable when done...

IF you want to go back to "factory settings" save every thing you want to an external drive (or flash drive) reboot, hold the alt key and start tapping the f10 key....god luck and keep us posted :huh:

just to free up some space, you can delete the shadow copies (restore points) heres a very good tut on that... http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76073-disk-cleanup.html

Edited by keny111111, 10 February 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 Missionaryman

Missionaryman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Thank you Keny111111

The "geek"option could not work, for my every access is denied
Anything I would like to open or run, I got "The parameter is incorrect"
The Command prompt is not running as Administrator...
I tried also the "factory settings" but the system was not changed.
Probably I was hacked, and the trouble is bigger than I thought.

I am nowhere now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users