Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express format problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Spectacle

Spectacle

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hi all!

Dell Optiplex GX110, XP-Pro SP3 > Online Armor Premium, Avira Personal, Malwarebytes, SpywareBlaster.

In my Outlook Express I'm having ongoing problems with settings, fonts etc. I checked O/E Help, and the displayed Help Topic explanation gives:

"To change the font, style, and size of text: You can change the way the text looks for all your messages or you can make changes to selected text within a message. To change the text style for all messages: On the Tools menu, click Options, on the Compose tab, click Font Settings.

To format text within individual messages, select the text you want to format. (To change the font for an entire message, on the Edit menu, click Select All.) On the formatting toolbar, click the buttons for the options you want. "

Problem is, I can highlight text in Rich Text Format and select a larger font size, but it doesn't visibly display as larger in the text of the message I'm writing as I view it. However it used to and has for years; I could always see the changes. Bold, italic, colors etc. display in message so that I can see it. Also there's indications that font size changes occur on receipt end, just not seen on my end, so it's not just a dead pigeon...

I've been fighting fonts, settings, screen resolution etc. for weeks & weeks, did I did something I shouldn't have done did? Any help appreciated!

I've had problems in Word or Wordpad of fonts, line spacing & tab margins suddenly changing mysteriously, even while typing. I've scanned with Malwarebytes, Avira, Online Armor, Super-AntiSpyware, Panda online scanner & others: zip, zilch & nada....

THANKS for any suggestions!

Edited by Spectacle, 09 February 2010 - 09:22 PM.

2000 Dell Optiplex GX-110, P3-847Mhz, 384 Mb SDRAM, Matsu 80GB HDD, XP-Pro SP3, Online Armor Pro 4.0.0.15, with Avast! Free, Super-Antispyware, Malwarebytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users