Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regenerating Trojan.Agent

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alltrips

alltrips

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hi

While in the middle of defragmenting my Laptop HDD I got called in to a work emergency and left my laptop running at which point my teenage son accessed the laptop stopped the defrag and went on to access the internet on sites he does not have access to on his desktop due to parental lockouts I had imposed.

a few days later I noticed a few strange incidents such as my firewall being turned off, web pages not opening as quickly or not at all, some of my anti virus functions not working properly or locking up, etc. On re-enabling my firewall I could not access my CCTV's web server anymore from any of the PC's on my Network as all the port settings had either been changed or deleted.

I have disconnected the laptop from the internet, uninstalled my AVG anti virus, installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware scanned the system and quarantined everything that was found.

I then ran Spybot S & D which found nothing.

On re-booting the laptop I ran MBAM again and it found 1 Trojan.Agent (ie3.tmp) so I quarantined that I also looked in the temp folder and saw that there were multiple other ie#.tmp & in#.tmp files there which were not picked up by MBAM. These can all be deleted manually with the exception of at least 1 file that is reported as in use and cannot be accessed. So I use MBAM's fileAssassin to delete that one.

However, on every reboot these all return in various quantities and often differing name# combinations.

How can I clear these permanently ?

TIA
Keith
Good PC Techs are those that say they know everything, GREAT PC Techs are those that know WHERE to Find Everything.
So for GREAT PC Techs come to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users