Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista backup and restore center

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joguss52

joguss52

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

I am new at the forum so please bare with me I hope I can give everyone the information needed. I was trying to back up my computer which runs Vista, I believe that it is the premium version but not sure how to check. I went to the maintenence screen and went to the back up and restore center. I started a back up and everything seemed to be working fine until 1/2 way through I got this error message "the parameter is inncorrect (0x80070057)" any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

This error "the parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)" is caused by a bug in File Backup where if you don't back up at least one file during the full backup, every backup after that fails. The workaround is to go through the Backup wizard again and choose a new full file backup at the very end.

How to backup your data

#3 joguss52

joguss52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

I went through the setting like you suggested. It made it quite awhile and then I got the error message "request could not be performed because of a I/O device error (0x80070450). Any further help would be greatlty appreciated.

#4 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

Could perform a chkdsk:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4967757_run-chkdsk...lity-vista.html

#5 joguss52

joguss52
  • Topic Starter