Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Movie Maker won't work correctly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi all! I'm currently having this problem when i save a movie. i select all of the correct settings, and click the save button, then the builder starts. the progress bar will get to around, say, 20% ? Then it will give me an error that basically says: Windows Movie Maker did not successfully save your movie. Check if there is enough disk space, check if all of the files are available, yadda yadda yadda." The usual. Now, last time i got this error, Windows Media Player 11 would not startup, and i could not access Microsoft or any https website (Which turned out to be a hacked DNS Client Service). That was on an old installation, this installation is about a month old. So i checked to see if the DNS Client was screwed up. It was not a problem.
So i Checked to see if Windows Media Player still worked. It did. So i don't know what the problem could be. but i would like to know as i currently have 2 movies on hold. also, the movie i was trying to save has only 1 FILE imported for it! So that rules out the missing sources idea! Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks!

Post Script: I have noticed that when the movie is being saved, the actual movie file it makes stays at 5.46kb all the way up to the 20% error mark. while WMM estimates that the final file should be somewhere around 31mb!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users