Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

start up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

how can i make my toshiba satilite with vista start up faster? it was going slow so i disabled the sidebar, now its slow agin.

i want to try and do this as soon as possible, and i would like any and all help. thanks
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

First of all download cCleaner,leave it on default settings and run the cleaner programme and not the registry cleaner.Next download Malwarebytes Anti Malware.Slow downs are often due to infections.Once downloaded update program and run quick scan you can either delete or quarantine what it finds.Finally download Auslogics Defragment tool to defragment Your Disk.A badly defragmented disk can also slow you down.Get these free items here.

http://www.ccleaner.com

http://www.malwarebytes.org

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download

#3 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

yes i hav cCleaner, and i dont use the reg part of it, i have had malwarebytes for a while now, almosta year. and that has helped alot. i run scans atl east once a week, but most the time its more than that. "Finally download Auslogics Defragment tool to defragment Your Disk.A badly defragmented disk can also slow you down." i will try that, i havent heard about it, but ive been thinking about defraging my computer, but the defrager that comes with my laptop says that my computer dont need it, and it wont let me. i was going to use the defrager that i have on my flashdrive tonight, but ill try that one instead =)

thanks, and if there are any other ways i am open to suggestions.

i have this thing on my computer called "microsoft groove" or something like that, i dont know what it is and i would like to make that stop starting up with my computer, it came with microsoft office7

(oh and if you go to malwarebytes.org, and you try to download malwarebytes it will not work, i think they got hacked because it goes to a website ive never seen before, and its about buying stuff, and it dont tlak about malwarebytes at all)

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")
- security programs in use (antivirus, firewall)

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:06 AM

ok now this is off the top of my head:
3 gig RAM
47 gigs harddrive
my AV is AVG Free
i also have malwarebytes, spywareblaster, and kaspersky virus removal tool for security, none of those are AV's though.

i will try the other stuff when i get home, im at my school right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users