Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Preloader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rickboo

rickboo

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:49 AM

Hey all, if anyone is using Firefox and it is taking too long to startup her is a handy program that may help you out. It was taking Firefox about 1 minute to startup on my computer and now using this program Firefox starts up in around 12 seconds. This is for anyone interested in trying it. Here are a couple of download links. http://download.cnet.com/Firefox-Preloader...4-10906890.html
http://firefox-preloader.en.softonic.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

In reality, it really doesn't do anything, because 48 seconds, you saved on loading FF, adds up to initial desktop load time.
No free lunch :thumbsup:

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 rickboo

rickboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

Not really because my desktop has already loaded and i sit there waiting 48 seconds or longer for my browser to open. So waiting about 12 seconds for my browser to open instead of 48 seconds or longer works for me. People can download it or not and judge for themselves. Like all programs eh its personal choice. Some may find an improvement and some may not. Of course it also depends on the computer eh

Edited by rickboo, 09 February 2010 - 02:20 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

because my desktop has already loaded and i sit there

Your desktop initial load time got increased by +/- 48 seconds. That's all.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 rickboo

rickboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Ya but 48 seconds to some is a long time, especially early in the morning while your sitting there waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. lol

Edited by rickboo, 09 February 2010 - 02:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users