Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro X64 edition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 klink1956

klink1956

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:42 AM

Hi all
My son has Vista and wants to dump it.
I have a never installed Xp Pro X64 May 2005 edition. I got it for nothing many years ago and did not have a 64 bit board so I put it away.
I seem to recall there were issues with it.
Was it because there were not very many 64 bit boards at the time? - or - software makers had not caught up with drivers and such? - or - It was a buggy OS? - or - am I
wrong all the way around.
I do not have all his specs other than he has a custom build but it does have a 64 bit board.
He has a dual boot set-p right now with Vista and the free version of 7(the "replace me" nag starts on that next month).

Thanks one and all
Bob
Where ever you go.................. There you are

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users