Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

down grade from vista to xp HDMI won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 monahan78

monahan78

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:38 AM

I have a dell inspiron 1525 and had windows vista removed and xp professional insalled, before I could run my tv as my monitor via HDMI just by hooking it up, now I can't. Is there anything I can do about this? Thank you.

Edited by monahan78, 09 February 2010 - 01:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:08 AM

They do not offer that driver for XP

XP
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...n&TabIndex=

Vista
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...n&TabIndex=
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jay_man

jay_man

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Just a hunch - but something I have done quite often before -- try finding a similar but older machine to yours which has the same hardware item and search its driver set on dell. You may find the driver for XP that way. I have done this quite a bit on HP's site. XP drivers for a newer desktop were not available whatsoever - only Vista but I found a similar spec older machine and bingo, got all my XP drivers that way. You need to be careful of course - get as much detail as possible about the hardware and google search it along with XP Driver download type thing. See if you can get a link that way and scan all downloads for viruses. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users