Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your PC Protector Infection - HELP!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 britnic

britnic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

Hello, everyone. This is my first time posting here on bleepingcomputer, and I admit that my knowledge of computers is a little on the limited side.

My desktop, a Windows XP, has been infected with Your PC Protector, and I'm having a very difficult time getting rid of it. I've tried system restore, rebooting in safe mode to try to install Malwarebytes -and, when that didn't work, other anti-malware programs to try to get rid of it - but nothing's worked. I can't get Malwarebytes to even run correctly - it installs, but when I go to run it (it doesn't launch by itself), a window pops up saying that the system can't locate the file. I've tried even doing this in safe mode and it still doesn't work.

This is driving me crazy. Can someone please help me with this?

Also - no, I haven't tried manual removal. I'm a little skittish when it comes to doing things to the registry, since I don't have a lot of experience with that.

Edited by britnic, 09 February 2010 - 08:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users