Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Viruses Show Up In Scans, but Google Still Redirects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kimberly25

Kimberly25

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

I have windows vista and wireless internet. This weekend someone hacked into my paypal account and when I click on a google results link, it redirects me to an unrelated or vaguely-related site. Here is what I've done so far:

I ran symantec. My computer shut off before it finished, but it did find and removed five trojan.fakeav viruses.

I then ran malawarebytes anti-malware which found one more trojan.

Then I ran MBAM under safe mode with networking. It found 3 trojan.dnschanger viruses and removed them.

AdAware got rid of 34 privacy problems.

I can't get symantec to run under safe mode.

I ran MBAM in regular mode and safe mode again, and it did not find any more viruses.

I ran another symantec anti-virus scan in regular mode, and it shows no viruses.

I went to the device manager, clicked on Show Hidden Drivers, scrolled to non Plug and Play drivers, and looked for TDSSserv.sys or msqpdxser.sys, gaopdxserv.sys, seneka, or seneka.sys, but none of them were there.

I ran a rootkit scan with avenger avenger--It found nothing.

I reset my router.

I followed these steps:

1. Repair your Internet settings (Set option “Obtain DNS servers automatically”).
Skip the step, if computer uses static ip address (ask your Internet Service Provider).

* Go to Start -> Control Panel ->Network Connections.
* Right click your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection, if you are using Dial-up, and left click on Properties.
* Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select the radio button that says Obtain DNS servers automatically. Click OK twice.
* Go to Start -> Run, enter CMD and click OK.
* At the Dos Prompt Screen, type in cd\ and then press ENTER.
* Now type in ipconfig /flushdns and then press ENTER. (notice the space after ipconfig)
* Close the command prompt window.
* Reboot your PC and try to open any website.
It said that it was successful.

BUT when I click on a google search result, I still get redirected to a random site. It seems like I must still have a trojan.dnschanger or some other sort of virus on my computer somewhere, right? Any advice? I'm getting overwhelmed!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users