Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Sounds without a logical explanation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krabagobanjo

krabagobanjo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

idk what is going on, but on seemingly random occasions (it might happen in 30 seconds, it might happen in 3 weeks) my computer will play a random sound, sometimes the same random sound consecutively (one is a person laughing, another I think is the beginning of a linkin park song, and another one I cannot describe).

Sometimes it annoys me, and a bit of the time it doesn't. All I know is that when it bothers me, it pisses me off.

SOME OTHER POSSIBLY PERTINENT INFORMATION:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Avast 5, and Microsoft Security Essentials all report a "Clean" status. No strange internet traffic detected by Comodo Firewall.

"dllhost.exe" seems to run when it happens, and continue to run UNTIL I ROLL OVER IT IN TASK MANAGER. Weird...

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I have 2 "csrss.exe" processes.

HiJackThis didn't seem to show anything suspicious, but I wouldn't know.

Other than this, the system seems utterly clean. No system slowdowns, no nothing. Just this single symptom.

NEED MORE INFO? Just ask. I'd just really be happy if this crap went away.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users