Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas334

Nicholas334

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

I own a Compaq Presario running Windows XP Multimedia Edition Service Pack 2. On start-up, IS2010 starts and takes over the computer. I cannot access the internet, or most of the other programs. It will not allow me to run Malaware MalBytes.
On startup, a pop-up window states that "The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application." The title at the top of this message changes from wmpscfgs.exe to acrotray.exe to av.exe and back again if I click on the close button. All pop-ups have the same message, but different titles.
I ran Malaware MalBytes when I first noticed the problem last Thursday, but it is still popping up, and now it has taken over my computer. I cannot access My Computer, so I cannot run or install from the flash drive.
I created a Windows Recovery CD from a clean computer, but when I try to use it, it gives the error message :A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Technical information: ***stop: 0xoooooo7B (0xF79EE524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

When I try to run from Safe Mode, the computer restarts and sends me back to the choice page.

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 February 2010 - 09:21 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users