Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted Driver need help asap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:18 AM

hi
my computer either shuts down or restarts by itself. After a while the computer screen will just go black or everything will freeze completely or it just restarts by itself. Sometimes it goes to a vlue screen and says the following. i was hoping somebody could tell me what it all means coz im lost. these are the main points.

For any windows updates you might need
Run the Driver verifier against any new hardware (or suspect) drivers. If it doesn't reveal the corrupting driver, try enabling special pool. Both of these are intended to catch the corrupion at an earlier point where the offending driver can be identified

*** STOP: 0x000000C5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80536E14)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:45 PM

I think you should go here first, the iso version is down the page a bit,

http://www.memtest86.com/

-Download memtest86 iso, use nero or another burning program to burn this image to cd.
-put the cd in the computer, reboot, boot into cd by hitting f-8 continously when computer restarts,
-this will run a ram(memory) test, this sounds like a possible memory(ram) problem you are having.
-run this, let us know if this worked foer you or not.
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users