Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LexBce Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Snoopy1966

Snoopy1966

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:15 AM

Hello everyone,
I was directed by a link from AumHa Forums about safely disabling this from my system. I am running Windows XP. I pasted the instructions it gave me here. I am sorry I am not fully computer advanced and I want to make sure I do this correctly. Could someone please tell me the steps for this? Do I start from going to Run, the type in cmd, and then do the following as advised? Type in:

sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

Also do I remove the entry with HJT also?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

LexBce Server
Filename: LEXBCES.EXE
Description: This is installed by Lexmark printers, and some Dell printers which are made by Lexmark, to configure the onboard network print server. Disabling this service will make it so that print spooler service will no longer startup, which effectively disables printing on your computer.

This can be fixed by removing the LexBceS dependency. To remove the dependency you should use the following command and start the print spooler service:

sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

Note: Notice the space after depend= . This is necessary.
File Location: %System%
Startup Type: This startup entry is installed as a Windows NT, 2000, 2003, or XP service.
Service Name: LexBceS
Service Display Name: LexBce Server
HijackThis Category: O23 Entry
Note: %System% is a variable that refers to the Windows System folder. By default this is C:\Windows\System for Windows 95/98/ME, C:\Winnt\System32 for Windows NT/2000, or C:\Windows\System32 for Windows XP.

Edited by Snoopy1966, 01 September 2005 - 06:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ja1

ja1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

Go to Start, my computer right click and choose manage, services and applications, services. Scroll down and make sure you disable the lexbce server and the print spooler. Once your done click ok through it all. Click on the start button again then on run. copy this string, sc config spooler depend= RPCSS,
then paste it. Click run. This will disable the lexbce problem and start your print spooler and everything should be ok. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

ja1 :thumbsup:

#3 ArthurGautesen

ArthurGautesen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Go to Start, my computer right click and choose manage, services and applications, services. Scroll down and make sure you disable the lexbce server and the print spooler. Once your done click ok through it all. Click on the start button again then on run. copy this string, sc config spooler depend= RPCSS,
then paste it. Click run. This will disable the lexbce problem and start your print spooler and everything should be ok. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

ja1 :thumbsup:

People should remember if not copying the line to remember to include the space between depend= and RPCSS
If you do not remember the space, sc will display a syntax related help message, and if using in the run window, it will close too fast to notice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users