Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I burn ISOs of Win7Pro upgrade to CD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dorkpixie

dorkpixie

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

I have burned ISOs for Linux to a few CDs before and the OS installed and ran fine. However, I know that Windows can be temperamental no matter which version you're running. I bought an upgrade of Windows 7 Pro and I now have some downloaded ISO files to burn..... Can I burn them to CDs or should I go buy DVDs? I realize it will take probably about 4 or so CDs to do this and that I will have to change disks possibly more than once, I am just wondering if I will get a successful install doing it this way. Thanks. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Heh, I've never tried it with CD's, but obviously the simplest thing would be to just use DVD's. You can waste a few CD's trying, or just go with what you know will work (DVD). Your choice. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

You can use a DVD or USB disk with atleast 4GB capacity. Windows 7 setup is not designed to ask for CDs one after another. Windows 7 setup uses a file install.wim which is more than 2 GB in size and can be put only on a DVD.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

Yes, using a USB flash drive or hard drive is my preferred method of installation. It goes much faster. But if you aren't good at working with partitions and stuff, just use the DVD. It's slower, but easier. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users